Download all applicable documents listed below. The following documents must be submitted to Professional Credential Services:
COSMETOLOGY RELATED PROFESSIONS
Manicurist/Esthetician - A separate application for Manicurist/Pedicurist and Esthetician must be submitted to PCS.
Crossover: Cosmetologist to Barber
Crossover: Barber to Cosmetologist
Application - Provide a completed application for examinations listed above - Click here
BODY ART PROFESSIONS
Permanent Cosmetic Tattoo
Scheduling Form - Provide a completed scheduling form for examinations listed above - Click here
1. FOR COSMETOLOGY RELATED PROFESSIONS
- Submit completed application, required forms and fees to PCS.
FOR BODY ART PROFESSIONS
- Must be approved by the Board for eligibility
- Submit completed scheduling form and fees to PCS.
2. PCS reviews application for completeness..
- If incomplete, PCS notifies candidate of deficiency
- If complete, PCS provides candidate with further instructions regarding upcoming examination(s)
3. PCS sends examination Admission Notice and/or Authorization To Test letter to candidate
- For practical examinations, an Admission Notice should arrive approximately 10 days before examination date.
- For theory examinations, an Authorization-To-Test Letter should arrive within seven days of approval date.
If materials are not received within the above listed time frame, contact PCS at 1-888-822-3272.
4. Candidate takes examination.
5. Official score results are sent to candidate.
- Practical scores are mailed 10 business days after the examination.
- Unofficial theory scores are issued at the testing center. PCS will mail official score within 10 business days after the examination.
6. Passing candidates will receive a Licensure Fee Notice along with the final score notice. Complete the Licensure Fee Notice and mail to the New Mexico State Board office. PCS and the New Mexico State Board office appreciate your patience as a license will be issued. The Board has the final authority whether or not to issue a license.
7. Candidates who fail an examination must receive their official score notice from PCS before re-applying and resubmitting fees to PCS. Once you receive an official score notice, please call PCS at 1-888-822-3272 to reschedule.
Pursuant to New Mexico Regulation 184.108.40.206A(2)(c) All required examinations must be taken and passed within 24 months of the date training was completed. After 24 months, you are required to complete a minimum of 150 hours of remedial education; upon completion, you must submit a new application to PCS along with proof of completing these additional hours. You must also re-take and pass all required examinations.